8- Paint and Lighting Selection

Paint and Lighting Selection 

    During the eighth week of school, I decided to hone in on selecting more materials for my project that would best merge the two different elements of my space together. The two types of materials I decided to focus on selecting, were the paints and the lighting selection establishing the paints could help me better to type a color scheme for the space that I am designing, and light selection, will help me be able to have an accent piece to my overall design that I can incorporate into different areas. 
    Specifically, when I came to picking out the paint samples, I wanted to focus on merging the industrial elements of my space, along with the ceramic elements, having the more hearthstones mixed with light earthy neutral tones. I tried to do it have two lighter shades, selected for less focal point walls or walls that would have wall tiles on them in the future. I also decided to select more darker paints in order to help bring in that industrial element through charcoal black, and a warm toned. I also tried to blend in the ceramic elements through the selection of brown and tan-toned paint colors in order to help bring in the ceramic element into the space. 
    When it came to the lighting in the direction that I want to go with my ceiling, the plan is to be able to mimic the floor plan and allow for those more angular designs within the ceiling above to help push my concept of a pilot further. I also tried to select different lighting types that would be complementary to the art deco style, which was when the industrial revolution and trains for most prominent, and it would help bring more brightness to the space with all the heavier tones. 





                                                                               Paint Selections
Lighting Selections

Comments

Popular Posts